hormone tests?

by m

HI, when I go to the doctor to start BHRT, what test should I ask to be done for post menopause? Is there a specific name for testing all male and female hormones?


Comments for hormone tests?

Click here to add your own comments

Jun 26, 2018
Hormone Tests
by: Joy

Hi m

Your doctor should know what to test but, progesterone and estrogen (E2) are the ones to ask for. If you feel you have thyroid problems then ask for that and insulin resistance if you suffer from diabetes. Please read the Hormone Testing page for more information.

It is also a good idea to test your vitamin D3 as it is also very important, a deficiency reduces the benefits of progesterone. Optimal level is between 70-100ng/mL and nothing less than 5,000iu's is needed per day. Co-factors are needed when taking D3, magnesium and vitamin K2 with no soy are the important ones.

Click here to add your own comments

Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to Progesterone faq.

Search over 8,400 pages on this site...