Wray: Questions about Tyrosine
Just recently i've taken a closer look at Tyrosine and understand, according to your recommendation on the anxiety page, that i should start with 250mg and increase slowly. I've only only found 500mg capsules. Is it perfectly okay to open the capsule and use half of the contents in a small shot of almond milk (the bottle recommends a small amount of fruit juice or other carbohydrate for optimal absorption) and should i then leave the other half of the capsule for the next morning or take a second 250mg dose later the same afternoon?
I've also read to use caution when using Tyrosine. That side-effects can sometimes be severe. That was enough to get my attention. Strangely, i can't seem to find what some of those side-effects might be. It's important that i gather all the information i can before taking my first dose. I also understand that if i take too much it actually make symptoms worse.
1) Would you mind shining a little light on how best to "increase slowly" and how i'll be able to know when i reach the right dose for me?
2) Can i combine and take other supplements at the same time?
3) Does Tyrosine have any negative effects on the thyroid?
4) Will it help or hinder my weight loss?
5) If i were to have an adverse reaction and discover Tyrosine just isn't for me how long do those adverse symptoms, if they were to occur, last before it washes out of my system?
6) Lastly, knowing all that you know about me at this point, do you think Tyrosine would benefit me or would you recommend i avoid it?